John Takes An Enforced Break

Well, I guess I should put up some semblance of a post just to let my friends know what is going on. On Sept. 13, I was operated on to have a tumor removed from my carotid artery and to have a laryngectomy. It has been quite the ordeal.

For a while, now, I won’t be able to talk, but, Praise his Name, I can write.  The problem with that right now is a very sore shoulder that doesn’t like for me to type too much. I must be careful.

At any rate, I am expected to live now –unless a car runs over me or something like that–I’ll try to stay away from runaway cars. I am recuperating well and I have been able to ease back into my work mode.

Plant wise, I am spending time deciding what plants to use for the cut flower gardens that I am planning for Lynn, Diane, and Betty. I ordered 500 tulip bulbs yesterday. That’s a good start.

Keep looking for me–I’ll be back!!!

Advertisements

11 Comments (+add yours?)

1. Anne Hair
    Sep 30, 2012 @ 15:49:37

Great to know you’re on the mend, John. Baby steps…………you’ve got a book to finish. So pleased that you’ve got Dekie by your side to make you a sammich!

2. mikeragland
    Sep 30, 2012 @ 16:08:39

Yes sir…..we’re looking….waiting for some good posts….just as soon as you’re up to it….take care….you are now and have been on our prayer chain !!

Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless

3. Ruth Gardner
    Sep 30, 2012 @ 16:08:42

I’m glad to hear you are recuperating well, John. My family and I have been thinking of you often. My stepson Curtis is an avid gardener, so I always forward your blog to him. I know he really learns a lot from your advice. Hope to see you soon as you continue to improve. All the best, Ruth

Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 20:20:29 +0000 To: ruthyg@hotmail.com

4. Oneata Windler
    Sep 30, 2012 @ 16:17:08

God bless you, John and restore you to complete health with no lingering effects. I dearly appreciate your writing. Thank you for the time and thought you put into everything you do.

5. Lynn Todino
    Sep 30, 2012 @ 17:01:10

Can’t wait to see what you come up with

6. Nancy :)
    Sep 30, 2012 @ 17:24:24

Oh my goodness, John. I didn’t know the extent of your illness. Was the tumor on the external, internal or common carotid artery? It sounds as if your surgery was a success! 🙂 Was it a total or partial laryngectomy? I know……I’m asking a lot of questions. I’m just concerned about you and I’m wishing you only the best. Take care of yourself and do what the doctors and your Sweetie tell you. I hope you’re a good patient! Always make sure you look both ways before crossing the street!!! 🙂 *hugs* Nancy

7. Diane Warner
    Sep 30, 2012 @ 18:14:24

John, so glad you are back! I’ve been missing you!

8. Jimmye
    Sep 30, 2012 @ 21:40:54

I’m glad you are doing so well, John. I noticed you were using French the other day and guessed your speech therapist was French. I hope your shoulder quits hurting very soon so you can type. ❤ Jimmye ~j~

9. Will. Yarramundi NSW Australia.
    Oct 01, 2012 @ 07:38:56

Sad to hear you have been unwell John. All the best to you and I wish you a speedy recovery.

10. Jackie Spencer
    Oct 02, 2012 @ 19:24:10

Well, Sir, I’ll just continue to include you in my prayers, as I have been praying for your family. I am just now learning about your health adventures. You sound strong and on the mend!

11. Cibbue Ray
    Oct 03, 2012 @ 18:00:24

Keep on getting better. Will be thinking of you and will be looking for your writing.

Connie

Comment or leave a reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s